Project MoW: Unix/Linux Server
This internet site provides basic software for
the Lorenz climate,
grids on the
sphere, cut cells
and geometry in the context of metereology.
While some techniques from out MoW book
are presented as interactive WEB routines (see the
"simple Lorenz model" on the main page)
more serious work on this field
requires some knowledge in:
Program libraries developed in the context of our MoW project
are provided on this Unix/Linux server.
To use them an account for this server is needed.
- programming language Fortran
- Unix/Linux operating system.
- basic Unix/Linux shell commands
When you want to have an account on our Unix/linux server you will get
To obtain an account for our server
please send mail to
Juergen Steppeler .
- user name and password for login
- work space
- precompiled libraries containing our algorithms
- sample Fortran programs
- make procedures to produce executables
- plot software producing graphic files
- software to upload and download files
Design and programming by EH